Custom Search

Canyonlands National Park, Utah

Canyonlands National Park, Utah
Kimi & Shaun - On Top of the World!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Let my Love Open the Door!

When everything feels all over
When everybody seems unkind
I'll give you a four-leaf clover
Take all the worry out of your mind
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart  



~ Pete Townsend, "Let My Love Open the Door"


As an unschooling parent I want my love to open the door to my kids' hearts & minds.  I want them to feel confident that my love will always be strong, supportive & unconditional.


When we open their lives to the amazing world we live in they have the opportunity to truly grow, learn and explore.  They don't hear "we're not studying that now", or "that's not the way to answer the question on the standardized test".  They explore deeply, they explore widely, & they explore using whatever tools they choose that helps them to understand what they are learning about.  


My love & respect for them tells them every day that I trust in their abilities & potential. 


Let your love open the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment